Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving post that I'm just now putting up!

Greetings Everyone!

I guess the first thing to say is happy Thanksgiving. It was weird not being with the gang in the Outer Banks but I definitely had a great time celebrating with everyone her in Cameroon. It was really cool because we invited all the trainers and so the meal was a fusion of traditional Cameroonian cuisine and then some American classics. We had turkey, stuffing, salad, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, kokie, plantains, guacamole, green beans, pineapple, melon, and tons of other stuff. As usual I ate way too much and slept like a dog all night! We even threw around the football around a bit. All in all it was a great day.

This week is the last week of stage! YAY !!!!! I’m defiantly ready for it but I know I’m going to miss my host family and all the other volunteers but I know it’s gonna feel great to gain a little independence. As of right now the plan is to swear in on Wed. leave Thursday and then arrive in Bankim on Friday. I can already tell it’s going to be a whirl wind.

Nothing else super exciting going on at this end. Hope all is well in the states!

Love,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment