Saturday, September 19, 2009

Salut !!!

I can now officially call myself a world traveler! In the last three days I have flown alone for the first time, traveled into Europe for the first time (even though it was only 1 sort of stressful hour) and landed in Cameroon. There are 32 people in my group, and they're all awesome! We landed in the airport and it was a little chaotic but we all got through customs and made it to the hotel in Younde. I'm sharing a room for the next 5 days with a really nice girl named Liz and then from there we all head about 1/2 hour out of town to where our PST (pre-service training) will be. I'm sorry this is such a short message but my time on the computer is very limited, but all is well and i am confident that this will be an adventure of a life time :)

Peace,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safely! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. Oh, and the Hokies just beat Nebraska!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you lots,
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. KATE!
    my dad sent me your blog. i am so glad he did! please post an address as soon as you get it so we can start sending you things! I am so pround of you, wish i was as courageous as you to do something this amazing!

    Love,
    Raleigh

    ps- the nebraska game was UNREAL we beat them in the last MINUTE by ONE point! be proud of our hokies!

    ReplyDelete